Sunday, February 19, 2012

Medical Brigade

            This week, a group came down from Texas to put on a medical brigade in a little village called Las Sandias. We saw almost 1000 patients in 4 days. I “translated” for the MD a little bit, but mostly for the dentists.. So basically I learned how to say “which teeth do you want us to pull” and “spit” and I just repeated those over and over. I also may or may not have gotten to pull a couple of teeth. Also, yesterday we went to the orphanage. It was sad to see all of the sweet kids, but it was fun to love on them and play with them for a while!
            It was great to have the Pine Tree group here. They worked really hard and I loved having more people around that speak English! It made me really excited about this summer. Ohhh and sorry I've been bad about posting pictures, but I'm going to be worse now because my camera is no longer functioning. So from here on out they're going to be Iphone pics.

Las Sandias


 The "dentist's office" of the brigade

Hanging out at the orphanage

No comments:

Post a Comment