Monday, February 27, 2012

FAQs


            Last week was good, and relatively uneventful. We had visitors from Huntsville, so that was fun. I redid the inventory of medications, and we reorganized the pharmacy in the MUR office. I’ve also had more free time for things like going to the coffee shop to get a smoothie. Saturday night we had a viewing (in Spanish) of the movie Courageous. (Of course it made me miss all McBrides. Hey, if yall wanted to come to Honduras sometime we could have a viewing of Facing the Giants with the “celeb guest” that plays Bobby Lee Duke!!:).
            Since last week was good but hasn’t given me a great blog topic, I thought I would go off most of the e-mails I’ve received and answer some questions about life in Hondo. So here you have answers to the FAQs.
-Favorite thing about Honduras: the weather, and how beautiful it is here; laid back personalities.
-Least favorite thing about Honduras: stray dogs. Hate them.
-The food: Pretty good! Although everything is fried, but I’m getting used to it. I can just feel my arteries clogging daily. I’ve eaten things called pupusas, baleadas, chilaquiles and other things I can’t remember the names of. Google them. Also, there’s a good chance most of that is misspelled.
- Spanish situation: Still working on it. Getting better, but I have a long way to go.
-Most ridiculous moment: the roommates having to teach me about the dish soap. It looks so different!
-Most stressful moment: Trying to learn to drive stick shift on a major road in Central America.. and stalling out through an entire green light. Oops.
-What can you pray for: Currently, patience. And learning Spanish.
-Weather: it has been pretty warm during the day, and slightly chilly at night. It’s starting to get pretty toasty though. March and April are the hottest months.
-Current entertainment: Yulema listening to music, singing along but changing the words (which she does often and is always funny). At the moment, changing the words to thank me for buying her a Pepsi, which she pronounces “Pexi.”
-What I miss the most: People, salads, and working in an environment where hand sanitizer is abundantly available. 

I’m sure there are plenty more questions that I could answer or random facts that I could share, but I can’t think of anything right now. I’ll try to come up with something more interesting for next time! Also, I can't fix the crazy indentation. Oh well, it's staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment