Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nahomy Update


This week we have a youth group here from Colorado, as well as some other visitors. I’ve been going with the youth group in the mornings to do VBS at the DESEO schools, and in the afternoons to Ojos de Agua for basketball camp. It’s been a lot of fun, and the kids love it!

Today, we went to the school in Yarushin, which is where we were for the last medical brigade. On the way out of town, a few of us stopped by to see Nahomy! I should probably back up and say that I visited her in the hospital most days while she was there, and after improving a great deal, she was sent home last Monday taking only vitamins and iron. It made my heart happy to see how much better she felt, and also to see how much she warmed up to me! Today when we stopped by to visit, she came out to greet us with a huge grin on her face. She looks great, and her mom and grandmother say she’s like a new little person! She’s not sleeping all day anymore, she’s back to loving school, and she's playing with her brothers and cousins all the time again.


I have been so glad to receive all of the e-mails and messages about prayers for Nahomy, MUR, and for me! Thank you all for the encouragement. I’m so glad to be able to share stories like hers. Obviously your prayers are helping! 

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! I'm so happy to see a smiling, little Nahomy. God is good!

    ReplyDelete