Friday, August 30, 2013

August Update

It's the end of August, which means we are a month out of having groups here every week and are pretty much back into a normal routine. Here are some things I've been up to since the last post about our vacay.

Organization. My office is completely cleaned up and reorganized. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but since my office is the pharmacy and overall place for "I don't know what that is, just stick it in there," it actually required a lot of work. I'm happy to once again know where to find everything in here!

Meetings. Debriefing from the summer, reviewing suggestions and changes to make for the next brigade season, staff meetings with the whole MUR staff, etc. They always take twice as long as we think they will, but generally they leave me thinking about how blessed I am to have this work family. I don't know, but I doubt it's normal to enjoy meetings so much.

Etc. I have done research on things that we learned of over the summer, and programs to possibly have us participate in. I've found and made more materials to use for education in villages. I've of course seen patients that have arisen this month, and tried to fix some broken items from the summer (unsuccessfully). Probably most importantly, I have spent time with the girls doing things that they needed to get done and to try to make up for being gone so much during the summer. Obviously, I've done a lot more than I can write and you care to hear about, but those are the highlights.

It's been a great month getting back to "normal", catching up on sleep (as much as I can with Stacy forcing me to wake up with the sun to exercise:), and pretending to parent as always! Looking forward to the coming months of case managing, education, and village work.

No comments:

Post a Comment