Monday, August 5, 2013

Roatan!

As a mission organization, we at MUR have a typical summer schedule, which means every week for a couple of months or so we have short-term groups here.

I love having these groups come and go. I meet many good hearted, hard-working folks, and I am blessed by getting to know them, even if just for a week.

I think it's safe to say that those of us that live here use every ounce of energy that we have during the summer. Between doing the work with and for groups and our normal tasks, we all stay very content but very busy! That's why it was such a blessing for the gringos of MUR to be able to go to Roatan for a week after the last group left.

Phil and Donna have some friends that have a condo in Roatan, and they are nice enough to lend it to them for free from time to time. The Waldron family invited the Stacys and myself to go with them to wrap up the summer months. We had a blast relaxing, debriefing the summer, bonding even more with each other, and renewing our spirits at my happy place: the beach.

It was a great chance to relax before jumping back into work. Now I'm ready to start fresh and see what God has in store for the rest of the year!

<<Water taxi ride to another beach.



<<Jon's friend, the spider monkey. It proceeded to steal his sunglasses and                eat them.

Jon may or may not be happy about this picture of his nap, but I had to share his resourceful use of his children's pool supplies.

<<Dinner. Laura may not love this one either...


Water taxi Ride!

2 comments:

  1. You all are awesome servants of God and His people and more than deserve the time to rest and re-energize. From experience, I can tell you Roatan is my favorite place to "process" after a mission trip. Amazing snorkling too. (I grew up on the beaches of southwest Florida so the sand & surf is my "happy place" as well!)Great pics, by the way. :-) It was so great to meet you this summer. Blessings- Sherry Hubright

    ReplyDelete