Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spring Update

Alejandro came to visit!
Sometimes I'm terrible at writing posts and keeping people updated because the stuff I'm doing really doesn't seem interesting enough to write about.. Sorry, Mom!

The last couple of months have been filled with preparations for the summer, a VCOM group and a handful of visitors, a little vacation time (Holy Week), and some quality time with the girls. It has, of course, been somewhat busy, because who isn't busy all the time? But in comparison to the next several months it has been the "calm before the storm" and I'm really trying to take advantage.

First of all, there was VCOM. Went pretty much the same as those weeks always do. A few challenges, but in the end everything went pretty well and we saw probably about 500 patients. It's always fun to have them around.

Then, there was holy week. Everything shuts down in Central America for the week, so we had the week off. I thought I would keep working just to get ahead, but I ended up actually taking the week off and it was marvelous. Spent a LOT of time at the Stacy's house playing games and spending time with our co-workers, and it was a much needed break.

I also used the week off to spend some time with the girls one-on-one. It's something I don't get to do as much as I would like, so it was nice to have a week where they all had time off.

Now we're all busy getting ready for the quickly approaching summer months! The AIMers get here next week and the interns sometime after that, and soon after we'll have groups every day for 2 months. I'm looking forward to it!

Dama teaching someone to write
Dama and Stefa refusing to leave the Waldron's
Yeni and Alejandro

Oh, just my favorite crazy Iris (Karol's mom) and Merlyn Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment