Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Birthday Week


This has been a great week with work and new gringos, and it has also been birthday week! Laura turned 17, Tobin turned 3, and I turned 26 (yikes). We had some celebrations and a lot of fun. Also, gringo food, which might be the highlight birthdays these days.

I miss being with my family, of course, but I am reminded (often, but especially occasions such as these) that I must be THE luckiest human to have such an incredibly amazing family at home AND to have formed such a loving, fun, and real family here in another country. 

God has been good to me. That is an understatement.






2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful birthday! :) And I love the rainbow horse cake, but I'm curious - what did yours look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had great fun picking out her cake, but that was mostly because none of us had time to make one. They made me a strawberry cake! So it looked like a normal strawberry cake:)

      Delete