Monday, June 24, 2013

One Brigade...

Last week, the University church was here for a medical brigade. It was a fantastic week, and not just because those Denver folks are such a fun group of gringos!

These people really seem to know how to do everything in word and deed for the glory of God. Doing what I do, I get to keep up with what is happening in every part of the brigade, and I've got to tell ya, there was very little grumbling amongst this crowd--if any at all. They all worked with smiles AND sat around and waited with smiles when it was necessary, and it was a pleasure to work with them.

In 4 days, we saw 770 patients. We gave away a ton of medications and glasses galore. The people of Contamal (and the new church there) were blessed and will be talking about last week for a very long time!

Being able to facilitate and work with this group was just as uplifting for me as it was for any Honduran that they saw, and I was constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have this job.

This week: medical brigade in El Pinal! Prayers appreciated, and more updates will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment