Thursday, July 4, 2013

Two Brigade...

Last week we had a medical brigade with Burnt Hickory from Atlanta, GA. We went to El Pinal for 4 days and saw 889 patients.

Normally, Donna and I are a little brigade running team, but last week she had to go to the states last minute. I certainly missed her being there, but I think my first week as the official "jefe" went quite smoothly, thank God! Thursday we saw 290 patients which is more than we have seen in one day on any other occasion that I've been present.

I did throw out a 5 year old at one point, but I think that just means I'm prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure that everything goes smoothly...right? (Long story, but she did basically knock down a handful of little old ladies). Also, group member Tim Heath will tell you that I threw a kid out for saying roll tide, which is untrue (he didn't have a ticket, and we can't let people in without tickets).. But I will say, let that be a lesson to you all:) Those words just can't be tolerated! (90% kidding).

This group worked hard throughout the entire (extremely hot) week. They are such an encouraging group of people, and I'm glad I was able to experiment with being in charge while their group was here!

No comments:

Post a Comment