Friday, June 6, 2014

Last stop before crazy.. And interns

Well, what I've spent two months preparing for is finally here. Tomorrow the first group arrives! We have much more going on than just the medical brigades, but those are what mostly occupy my time. Starting next week we have 3 in a row, a week off, then 2 more en seguido. 

I'm extremely excited to get this show on the road! I'm trying to store away extra pockets of energy and sanity for about 4 weeks from now when I will certainly need them. How does one mentally prepare to have not 1 single minute of free time for 2 months? I'm praying a lot and am thankful that I love what I do enough to keep me going! 

To hopefully help keep up with our sanity, our interns arrived this week. Though they are both cute, petite girls (unlike our last interns: Ben and Joey.. just adorable but not small girls), I can already Danielle and Sydni are both hard workers and that they will be happy to carry my heavy things, which is obviously the way to my heart. :) I like them already and am sure they will be a great addition to the team for the summer.

Lift some extra prayers over the next weeks for our groups and short-term projects! And, Mom, I promise I will try to blog throughout the insanity!:)


Either working to split up chips/cookies for groups or stealing cookies to eat them..
Who's to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment